Flying Dutch Take On Division I Foe, Lose To Fordham
The Hope College women's tennis team lost to Division I Fordham University 6-1 on Monday in Orlando, Fla.
It was the Flying Dutch's first match on their spring trip. The match followed Division I scoring rules where the first team to win two doubles flights earns one point and all singles matches count as one point.
Hope's record on the season is 2-1.
The Flying Dutch will play again Tuesday, March 18, at 9 a.m. against Wisconsin-LaCrosse.
1. Elliesa Ball (F) d. Claire Cooper 6-3, 6-4
2. Sarah Ali (F) d. Nancy Benda 6-2, 6-1
3. Carli Capestany (H) d. Angelika Dabus 7-6 (4), 7-5
4. Julie Leong (F) d. Anna Garcia 6-2, 6-4
5. Destiny Grunin (F) d. Kate Mader 6-0, 6-4
6. Hanna Fritzinger (F) d. Emily Hall 6-2, 6-0
1. Ali/Ball (F) d. Capestany/Benda 8-3