by Anna Mitchell '21
The Hope College men's swimming and diving team placed first in Saturday's Senior Day dual meet against Kalamazoo College — finishing off the regular season with a 180-118 victory at the Dow Center.
Freshman Gabe Boonstra of Hudsonville, Michigan (Hudsonville HS) totaled two first place finishes in the 100- and 200-yard freestyle. He clocked in at 1 minute, 46.55 seconds in the 200 and 47.90 in the 100.
Junior Daniel Keith of Saline, Michigan (Saline HS) in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 52.23 and the 200-yard backstroke at 1:55.05.
In the 1,000-yard freestyle, Hope finished first and second. Freshman Theo Duong of Kentwood, Michigan (East Kentwood HS) took first at 10:18.34. Freshman Brant Assink of Holland, Michigan (Holland Christian HS) was second, touching the wall at 10:26.18.
The Flying Dutchmen also had seven other events.
- Senior Daniel Clyde of Ann Arbor (Huron) won the 100 butterfly, clocking in at 53.85. He also took second in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 49.53.
- Freshman JT Nissen of Spring, Texas (Klein Collins) in the 200 butterfly with a time of 2:01.39.
- Freshman Jack Muller of Queensland, Australia (Meridan State) in the 200-yard breaststroke at 2:16.06.
- Brant Assink in the 500- freestyle touched in at 4:56.22.
- The 200 medley relay of Keith, Muller, Nissen and freshman Jackson Uyl of DeWitt, Michigan (DeWitt) in 1:38.16.
- The 400 freestyle relay of Keith, Boonstra, Nissen and Clyde at 3:18.81.
Hope's next meet is the MIAA Championships on Wednesday-Saturday, February 19-22 at Calvin University.