by Alan Babbitt
The 30th-ranked Hope College women's tennis team topped another Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association challenger with a 9-0 victory at Saint Mary's College on Wednesday.
The Flying Dutch improved to 10-5 overall and 4-0 MIAA play while handing Saint Mary's (11-8 overall) its first league loss in four matches.
Photo of Amanda Bandrowski by Lynne Powe
1. Claire Hallock (HOPE) d. Monica Davy 6-2, 6-0
2. Amanda Bandrowski (HOPE) d. Megan Davy 6-2, 6-1
3. Sydney Jackson (HOPE) d. Alyssa Gulli 6-2, 6-0
4. Taylor LaBarge (HOPE) d. Lilly Chamberlin 6-2, 6-2
5. Bailey Chorney (HOPE) d. Elizabeth Preister 6-4, 6-0
6. Liz Pniewski (HOPE) d. Lily Brandt 6-3, 6-3
In the past nine days, Hope has handed Kalamazoo College, Calvin College and Saint Mary's their first league losses.
Hope leads second-place Trine University by one-half game. The Flying Dutch host Augustana College (Illinois) on Friday, April 12 for a 4 p.m. non-league match., then play at Trine on Saturday, April 13 at 1 p.m.