by Alan Babbitt
Hope College's Becky Schmidt is joining an elite panel of NCAA Division III volleyball coaches for an online chat on Wednesday, April 15.
The 8 p.m. conversation on Zoom is open to prospective student-athletes, parents, club coaches or college coaches to attend.
The panel features five successful NCAA Division III coaches from academically rigorous institutions across the country who will share their knowledge of Division III, coaching and the recruiting process.
- Becky Schmidt '99, Hope College, Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association
- Emily Hayes '14, Lewis & Clark College, Northwest Conference
- Johan Dulfer, Ithaca College, Liberty League
- Annie McShea, Stevens Institute of Technology, Middle Athletic Conference
- Vanessa Walby, Washington University in St. Louis, University Athletic Association
Heading into her 20th season coaching college volleyball, Schmidt owns a 457-146 career record that includes 16 seasons at Hope (419-114) and three at the University of Redlands, California (38-33).
Schmidt guided Hope to a Division III national championship in 2014. The Flying Dutch have made 12 NCAA Tournament appearances during her tenure.
Hayes, who's entering her third season as head coach at Lewis & Clark, played volleyball for two years for Schmidt and served on her coaching staff for two years as a student assistant before graduating.